next stop ...

a continuous communication of the adventures of one young lady on her way to ... well, her next stop.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005


AND NOW FOR THAT TYPICAL WEEKEND

So I ran out of time for the typical weekend.

Weekends start late, around 8am - 9 if I'm really pushin' my luck. Traffic is somewhat quieter (ie. many bus drivers probably sleep off hangovers first thing Saturday). Then I go to the pool. I have been invited to take a group of about ten 9 and 10 year-old guys to the pool on Saturday mornings from 10-12:30. We only swim for an hour, the rest of the time is spent on busses and on foot getting there.

Then I'd spend some quality time doing laundry with my washer and dryer, pictured here:


It's pretty time intensive, all that plunging, and scrubbing, and plunging and scrubbing, and ... well, I often find that a shower is the best thing after the clothes get out on the line.

After that would come the market to buy fruits and vegetables, or an event like we had this weekend. On Saturday we celebrated Mercy Day and recognized the committment of two sisters (American sisters) serving here in Guyana. It was a lovely mass with great snacks and company afterwards in a beautiful banquet centre. It was sort of a garden room with more kinds of orchids than I had ever seen before.

Next time I'll tell you about the fair ....

1 Comments:

  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger McAuley - International said…

    wow ... I had a washing machine and dryer JUST LIKE YOURS when I lived in Ecuador!

    cute boys!

    besitos - te extraño MUCHO

    "chair"
    Dubi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home