next stop ...

a continuous communication of the adventures of one young lady on her way to ... well, her next stop.

Saturday, May 20, 2006



My Hollow Spot


You may or may not remember that in the final battle of The Hobbitt, the way Smaug the dragon was finally brought down and defeated was a well-placed arrow to a soft hollow on one side of his massive, thickly-scaled belly.

I hope I have no battles to fight, as my hollow spot has grown from the center of my chest, and is quite large and obvious in anticipation of my sister's graduation and the ensuing family reunion (held the same weekend as my retreat in Trinidad). I love my family to a fault. It hurts not to be there for this. I just need to express the depth of this love and missing.


"It comforts me exceedingly to know you are happy."

~Catherine McAuley

With love untold across the miles .... Kate.















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home